Category Manager Industrial Service
( Amsterdam )
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Associate Category Manager Industrial Service will obtain a lower total cost of ownership by mastering visibility and governance of spend while leveraging our economies of scale through adherence and disciplined execution of Sourcing Strategies, Category Management Methodologies & Capital Engineering Projects in a Compliance Framework developed by the Global Procurement Leadership Team.
• Negotiate and manage contracts for the responsible sites in EMEA, for spend defined and according to the direction of the Sr. Procurement Manager - Indirect & Sustainable Capital - EMEA.
• Utilize Strategic Sourcing methodology (8 step sourcing model) to identify, communicate and execute cost reduction opportunities in alignment with the strategy of the Category Managers
• Effectively develops the supplier base and manages supply chain partner performance and relationships.
• Ensures contract compliance through monitoring of site/contract spend. Works to educate the sites on global procurement policy and guidelines
• Drives continuous improvement, and implementation of best practices to eliminate non-value added services and control costs.
• Implements improvement measures as a follow up of audits, claims, complaints and supplier evaluations.
• Manages actively contracts and supports needed reporting such as but not limited to non-disclosure agreements, leasing agreements, contracts in online systems
• Works with Procurement Expeditors to procure off-contract materials at the best value for the corporation. Works to minimize off-contract spending and increase no-touch purchase orders.
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure site continuity and deliver results in line with the organization’s Business Plan
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or technical/financial area, with MBA (preferable)
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in procurement (proficiency in key procurement processes, management of tenders & contracts, etc.)
• Strong functional knowledge of Strategic Sourcing
• Data driven, strategic thinker, addresses partner and internal / external customer needs
• Strong affinity for IT and process improvement within procurement
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Knowledge of SAP, SAP Ariba or other ERP system
• Proficient User of Microsoft 365
• Excellent change-management skills
• Ability to participate and lead in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
• Ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership internally and externally
• Ability to ensure acceptance by other departments within the organization (stakeholder management skills)
• Excellent written/verbal/presentation communication skills
• Integration experience a plus
• English is mandatory – additional language skills of responsible sites is required (German, French, Dutch)
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. APPLY TODAY !
Acquisition is not appreciated.